The Association of Judges and Magistrates of Malta
- to promote the interests of its members in their professional capacity;
- to promote the independence of the judiciary;
- to promote the highest standards of judicial conduct among its members;
- to promote the general interests of its members, including those interests arising upon retirement from the bench;
- to promote the exchange of ideas on the administration of justice;
- to further the cultural, intellectual and legal proficiency of its members;
- to promote and maintain contacts with judges and magistrates abroad, with national and international associations, and in particular national and international associations of judges and magistrates.
Through the Association, the Maltese Judiciary is affiliated to the Commonwealth Magistrates and Judges Association, the European Association of Judges and the International Association of Judges.
The current President of the Association is the Hon. Mr Justice Francesco Depasquale. The other members of the Management Committee of the Association are: Vice-President, Magistrate Dr Claire Zammit Stafrace, Secretary General, the Hon. Madam Justice Joanne Vella Cuschieri; Treasurer, Magistrate Dr Josette Demicoli; and International Secretary, the Hon. Mr Justice Aaron Bugeja.
Click to view the Statute of The Association of the Judges and Magistrates of Malta.